The system of the education of BIU is typically a North American Model in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science and information Technology, UK model in the fields of Law and English and Saudi Arabian Islamic Universities and Al-Azhar University model in the Faculty of Islamic learners who seek to excel in their chosen fields of concentration.
LOGISTIC SUPPORTS FOR THE STUDENTS
- State-of-the-art Computer Lab.
- Well-stocked library
- Fully Air-conditioned Class Rooms
- Audio-visual Support Service
- Browsing Centre
- Career Development Counseling
- Job Placement Services
- Internship Program
- Employment Opportunity and Networking
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION
The university has a research center and it plans to publish journal namely "Bangladesh Islami University Journal" and other periodicals it is mentionable here that by this time having ISSN (1995-4182) from Paris, three volumes of the journal have been published.
The BIU clearly visualize that quality students (inputs blended with quality teaching is a prerequisite for excellent education. So it offers a significant number of scholarships (BIU Trust scholarship, Vice-Chancellor's scholarship) and tuition waivers (full/partial) to attract the meritorious student.
FREE FACILITIES/ SERVICES
a) BIU Journal
b) Student Counseling
c) Tutorial Service
d) Free internet Service
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Extracurricular activities of the student are augmented through:
v Debating Club
v English Language Club
v Law Club
v Computer Club
v Islamic Studies Club
v Business Club
v BIU Sports Club
v BIU Cultural Club
SEPATATE CAMPUS FOR FEMALE
BIU authority has arranged separate academic facilities for both males and females. To maintain Islamic Values & Culture, separate & campus with hostel facilities has been set up for female students.
Academic year of BIU has 3 (three) semesters namely Spring (February-May), Summer (June-September) & Fall (October-January). The students will normally be admitted thrice in a year. In addition to course work, the students will be required to participate in the seminars, conferences and workshops.
- The students should pay their required fees at the time of admission.
- Monthly tuition fees should be paid on or before the 10th of each month.
- For the failure of paying monthly fees in time, late fee will be imposed on daily basis.
- Nobody is allowed to appear at examination without paying the monthly tuition fees and necessary dues.
HOW TO APPLY
Application form is available in the Admission office of the university and may be collected on payment of Tk.300/-. To get an application form by mail, one may write to the Office of the Registrar along with a Bank Draft/ Pay Order of Tk.300/- in favour of Bangladesh Islami University with a self-addressed envelope bearing postage stamp of Tk.12.
The completed Application Form must be submitted to the Admission office with the following documents:
1. Main or attested copies of all the academic certificates/ mark sheets.
2. Three copies of passport-size coloured photographs.
3. A certificate for break of study in case of irregular students
4. Official transcripts for transferred students.